Ways to Celebrate
Ways to Celebrate
For 100 years Lions have served communities around the world and improved the lives of millions of people. That’s something to celebrate!
In between service projects and recruitment events, take some time to celebrate the Centennial with your club. After all, this only happens once every 100 years.
Ways to Celebrate (PDF) contains a list of ideas to get you started.
Here are some additional suggestions:
- Inspire Lions at your next club meeting by showing one of the exciting Centennial videos on the Lions Centennial Videos page, including the Celebrate Lions video.
- Have a local public official recognize your club's event with the Lions Clubs Centennial Celebration Proclamation.
- Publish a press release on your website to promote a service event in light of the Centennial Celebration.
- Host a bike tour with a Centennial logo on every bike.
- Plan a Multiple District-wide community clean-up.
- Hold a fishing, bowling, or chess tournament for people who are blind or visually impaired.
- Fly a Lions flag on the 100th anniversary of the first meeting, June 7, 2017
- Honor the longest serving active Lion (PDF) in your Multiple or Single District
- Provide a special recognition for all members who have been Lions for more than 50 years in your club or district.
- Make a Centennial popup banner with “100” in large print. Have the 0s cut out so Lions can take photos with their faces looking through the banner.
To share your ideas and celebrations, use the hashtag #LIONS100. You can also send ideas and pictures of your celebration to LCICentennial@lionsclubs.org.
Watch for celebrations to be featured on Lions social media and in our newsletters.
- Centennial party supplies through Club Supplies
- Centennial logos
- Celebration banner and poster
- Fillable celebration flyer